October 28, 2005

God does have a sense of humor...

Every once in a while I am reading along in the Bible and come across some phrase that just strikes me as hilarious. I've found I am usually the only one who sees the random humor in it, but just in case, I thought I'd post one such example today. This is from Jonah 2:5, as Jonah is giving this long, dramatic prayer to the Lord, recalling his circumstances in the fish and his deliverance from said location. I just picture him being so wrapped up in his retelling, much like a really excited I'm-trying-to-be-serious-and-you-laughing-at-me toddler would be in retelling how fast he went down the slide or something. And if I'd been there when Jonah was reliving his experience, I for sure would have wrecked the mood by busting out in laughter when he got to this part:

"The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head."

Hahahahaha...I'm picturing a turban of seaweed plastered to his head...hahahahha

1 comment:

pk said...

I'm laughing with you on that one! Thanks for re-creating that moment of humor for us.

Hey, it was neat to see you last week even though I didn't really get to see you. You know? Seems like you're making a good adjustment back to Indiana.

Fare well.