May 23, 2006

*whew!*

I just finished the best book I've read since Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love graced my bedside table. Liz Curtis Higgs' newest novel, Grace in Thine Eyes, had me from page one. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who loves a good love story, but I would caution that the reader be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster. As I was reading and getting into the really good part, I kept thinking how similar my emotions were to the first (and coincidentally, the last) playoff game the Indianapolis Colts played this season. We're winning! We're not. We have hope! Dang it, couldn't cut it. He can still kick to win! He misses. Up and down, up and down...by the end of the game I'm exhausted and I didn't even get off the couch. Same with the book...He wins the woman! Oops, not quite. But she comes around! But then he screws up. But then she forgives! Then dang it, he goes and...I won't ruin the story for you. But seriously, I was exhausted by the seventy-first chapter!

Just to note, Grace in Thine Eyes is the fourth in a series, which I didn't know before reading it. Don't say no one told you. :)

3 comments:

Micah said...

i haven't read the book, but i LOVE the colts game analogy... i think i used my entire quota of swear words (for 2006) during that game... it was rough.

Todd and Micah said...

Hey! How are you guys?! I just happened to find your blog. It looks like you're doing well. Todd and I are living in Maryland now, which isn't too far from you. Maybe we can visit on our way home sometime :)

Nate said...

That would be great! Let us know when you head our direction!