September 15, 2006

Be Still My Soul

Was moved by the truth in this hymn this morning....

Be still, my soul! the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul! thy best, thy heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul! thy God doth undertake
to guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul! the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.

1 comment:

Josh Hilty said...

Thank you for the reminder to Be Still...yet again. God has been teaching me that over the past several months...and as important as His words are, I still find it difficult sometimes to do just that...our life right now is described in that second verse. it's been so good to read your blogs today...hope you and Nate are well...and I will pray for you at God's gym...