September 22, 2006

Thankfulness...


Inspired by my friend Amy's excercise in thankfulness, I thought I would make a list of my own. Here are ten things I am very, very thankful for today...

  • The kind and gentle spirit my husband has. He is never mean or rude to anyone, not even to campers who really deserve it, or to I, who sometimes super deserves it.
  • Weather that is sunny with highs in the 60s. Perfect fall weather.
  • Enough intelligence to know how to be a good student and the desire to do so. I am realizing more and more that not everyone has this...scary when these people are going into the medical profession!
  • Hymns
  • A piano on which to play the hymns, even if it is grossly out of tune and third-space C won't play.
  • A job at a gym so I can go to the classes for free.
  • God's faithfulness to be Jehovah Jireh in all senses of the name...abundantly providing everything I need precisely when I need it. Like the woman at the gym yesterday. I think I may have just made my first friend in West Virginia.
  • Free sermons online...both by podcast and by live feed. It is funny that they call it live "feed" because that's exactly what it is to me: sustenance.
  • Jasper
  • The gift of today, and that Nate and I both got this gift again.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE your list! and that's a great picture too :)